Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
4 tbsp olive oil
900 g/2 lb. chicken meat diced
125 g/4 1/2oz./2/3 cp rindless, smoked bacon, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp mild curry powder
300 ml/1/2 pint/1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
90 g/3 oz./1/2 cup seedless black grapes, quartered
Cold saffron rice, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet) and add the chicken, bacon, shallots, garlic, and curry powder. Cook slowly for about 15 minutes.
2. Spoon the mixture into a clean mixing bowl.
3. Allow the mixture to cool completely then season with pepper to taste.
4. Blend th mayonnaise with a little honey, then add the chopped fresh parsley. Toss the chicken in the mixture.
5. Place the mixture in a deep serving dish, garnish with the grapes and serve with cold saffron rice.
You can use this recipe to fill a jacket potato or as a sandwich filling but cut the chicken into smaller pieces.